Special Area Classes
Art K-8: (20 minutes)
Exploring Art (20 minutes)-Week 1
- ACTIVITY! Journal about where you went on your famous tour (below) and what piece of famous art you saw!
Creating Art (20 minutes)-Week 2
- ACTIVITY! Create a piece of art! The sky's the limit! Although, the author of “the Pigeon books” is demonstrating how to create doodles in the first link below! Eek!
Heath/Physical Education K-8: (20 minutes)
Health (20 minutes)-Week 1
- ACTIVITY! Make a commercial about a health related topic and present it to your family at dinner!
- https://pbskids.org/arthur/health/ (Ages 4+)
- https://pbskids.org/lunchlab/ (Ages 6+)
- https://www.bodimojo.com/ (Ages 13+)
Physical Activity (20 minutes)-Week 2
- ACTIVITY! Get moving!!! Get active for 20 minutes and keep moving!
Music K-8: (20 minutes)
Listening (20 minutes)-Week 1
- Explore a new type (genre) of music that you don’t usually listen to. What was different about it? What was the same? Tell a friend or family member the name of a song and the artist and ask their opinion too.
- Art Concepts, Famous Artists and Musicians, Learning Music, Musical Genres
Creating (20 minutes)-Week 2
- Try making some new tunes with the link below or another instrument of your choosing. Singing counts! Your voice is an instrument too!
- Making Music
Library K-8: (20 minutes)
Destiny Quest (20 minutes)-Week 1
- ACTIVITY! This is a great place to look for a book! Did you know that you can access books from the library using Destiny Quest? Explore away happy readers!
- Elementary: http://library.mcasd.net/quest/servlet/presentquestform.do?site=102&alreadyValidated=true
- High School: http://library.mcasd.net/quest/servlet/presentquestform.do?site=100&alreadyValidated=true
Web Scavenger Hunt (20 minutes)-Week 2
- ACTIVITY! (2nd grade and up should be able to complete this independently-students below 2nd grade may need some assistance) Best of luck to you!
Computer Science K-8: (20 minutes)
Typing/keyboarding skills (10-20 minutes)
- ACTIVITY! Grades 7-8, EDU Typing.com
- ACTIVITY! Grades K-1, you may stark using this program from Mr. Weiss' class, planned for the 4th quarter. Simply focus on letter identification, not hand placement. We will use correct fingering K-6. No more than 20 minutes of practice in a sitting, set a timer. Continue to TypeTastic through Clever
- ACTIVITY! Grades 2-6, you may continue using the program from Mr. Weiss' class. Remember, accuracy and proper fingering are key! Speed will come with practice. Continue to Typing.com through Clever
- ACTIVITY! Grades K-6, you may continue coding from Mr. Weiss' class. I encourage you to try a different module than the one assigned for class. "Dance Party," "Machine Learning," and "Flappy Bird" are some great supplemental activities. Continue to CODE.org through Clever for grades K-6